Dr. Abhay Kumar Choudhary
Designation: HOD & Director
Department: Cardiac Surgery
- M.B.B.S (Honours) From Patna University
- M.S.C (General Surgery) From Kanpur University
- M.C.h(Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery) From Bombay University
- Twenty Five Years Experience In Cardiac Surgery
- Worked 13 Years At Fortis Escorts Hospital
- Doing all types of Adult Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, Aortic Arch Surgery & thoracic surgery.
- Most of the case coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG) is doing on bearing heart without cardio pulmonary bypass.
- Doing heart port surgery & minimally invasive surgery for mitral valve replacement, ASD, PDA.
- The first person in India to present the paper on RFA Ablation for Arterial Fibrillation with mitral valve replacement.
- Present paper nationally & internationally on the different topic related to Cardiac Surgery.
- CABG on beating heart
- CABG with total arterial graft
- CABG with poor LV function
- Heart port surgery
- Valve surgery with small incision
- Vascular surgery
- Ascending aorta surgery(Bentall's surgery)
- Abdominal aorta and Arch surgery
- Mesothalioma – A rare type of mediastinal tumor – presentations and operation. A.K. Choudhary, Dr. Rajeev Arora, Dr. Nilesh Patel, Dr. J.H. Karbhase. IACTVS 1996.
- Use of antiplatelet drugs after mitral valve replacement in female patients. A.K Choudhary, Ranjit Deshpande, J.H. Karbhase. IACTVS 1997.
- Reconstructive surgery of Pectus ex-cagatum – experience of 10 patients. Choudhary AK, Rajeev Arora, N Patel, JN Karbhase. IACTVS 1997.
- Modified maze of RFA – an experience of 25 cases. AK Choudhary, RK Bapna, M Mishra, ZS Meharwal, N Trehan. IACTVS 2004.
- CABG in elderly patients. A.K. Choudhary, Z.S. Meharwal, R. Chauhan, N. Trehan. IACTVS 2004.
- Pulmonary vein isolation for atrial fibrillation. A.K. Choudhary, R.K. Bapna, Z.S. Meharwal, N. Trehan. IACTVS 2003.
- Complications of IABP in elderly patients after 60 years. A.K Choudhary, Z.S. Meharwal, R. Chouhan, M. Mishra, N. Trehan. IACTVS 2009.
- Surgery for Ascending aortic aneurysm in 28 cases- Dr. A K Choudhary, Dr. Z.S. Meharwal., Dr. R. Malhotra, Dr. Y. Mishra American association of cardiothoracic surgeon; Toranto, Canada