Performance and Achievements
Panth Rattan Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh ji Khalsa Khanne wale – the man with visionary thought conceived a noble idea of helping mankind. Blessed with spiritual solidarity to enlighten lives of many unfortunate souls and to provide world class health and educational services to masses particularly female from rural background, he laid foundation of Gurdwara Gur Shabad Prakash Akal Ashram, Sohana.
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib (Charitable) Eye Hospital Trust is constituted with ideals and objectives (as laid earlier*). In addition to this,it also planned:
To expand and enrich the most modern and sophisticated hospital complex with a view to enlarge area of operation and extending its reach.
To organize training programs for enhancing the skills of medical and para-medical professionals and enriching them in patient care.
To hold regular seminars on various subjects in different disciplines to expose the practicing doctors to modern trends.
To carry out exchange programs with leading medical institutes in India and abroad.
To encourage interaction with leading personalities in the field of medical care.
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib (Charitable) Eye Hospital, Sohana is established. As founder Chairman, Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh Ji made road map for trust to work upon whereby it is ensured that everyone looking for treatment at this hospital should receive similar care and cure without any discrimination. With idea of “Pay if you can” and “To serve humanity” trust is able to serve millions of patients and working for increasing reach of quality treatment to the economically weaker section. Hospital is well equipped with
- Retina services - Stitch less Vitrectomy, Retinal detachment surgery, Macular hole surgery, Anti-vegf injections, Pascal Retinal laser, Ozurdex Implant
- Pediatric ophthalmology -Probing , Cataract surgery, Glaucoma surgery, Rop screening and treatment,squint surgery
- Oculoplasty services - Entropion surgery, Ectropion surgery, ptosis surgery, DCR, LID RE construction
- Contact lens clinics - Orthopycis work up, Rose k lenses, Low vision aid, Scleral contact lenses, Prosthesis eye[artificial])
- Glaucomaservices - Applanation tonometry, NCT, tonoren, OCT(RNFL), Laser Iridotomy,Trabeculectomy, Olozen, Valve Implant, Combine glaucoma and Cataract Surgery
- Corneal services - CBR,AMT, Pterygium Excision with Autograph with glue, Keratorlaspy
- And other services like Trauma management, Optical shop
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sohana establishedd in this year with multi- disciplinary medical facilities and highly qualified doctors in the area of
- Gynae and obstetrics
- General Medicine
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Eye Hospital, Khanna is started as branch of Sohana Hospital at Khanna to meet the demand of patients travelling from this part of region the departments includes Eye, Dental and General Medicine and facilities of pharmacy and optical shop.
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Eye Hospital, Sirhind is started as branch of Sohana Hospital at Sirhind with departments of Eye, Dental and General Medicine and facilities of pharmacy and optical shop.
For meeting world class standards in execution of systems, ISO 9001:2000 certifications is granted to Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib (C) Eye Hospital and Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sohana. As charitable organization, Sohana hospital is the first one to get this certification in the area of Health Sciences in this region. Later it is upgraded to ISO 9001:2008.
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib College of Nursing is started at Sohana with objective of rendering graduation and post-graduation nursing and clinical training courses from recognized university to young people aspiring for career in this sector. Practical training in the clinical area and exposure to Sohana hospital day-to-day working has set their standard and professional base for future.
With blessings of Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh ji Khalsa, Bhai Sahib Bhai Devinder Singh ji Khalsa (also called “Veerji”) lead trust as Chairman from this year onward (till date). His wisdom, visionary ideas and leadership qualities further strengthen and helped trust manifolds to deliver on its objectives.
Trust launches ambitious scheme “Operation Fateh” to cover health and education of poor families in rural area of Punjab. Golden Health Cards are launched and 250 villages comprising of 10 lac population are adopted forgiving benefits of this scheme.
Foundation stone of Panth Rattan Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh ji Khalsa Niwas is kept in huge congregation of “Sadh Sangat” (Sikh devotees). This Niwas hold basement and 118 rooms for stay of devotees travelling from far-flung places and overseas and visiting Gurdwara for “Gurmat Samagam” and “Kirtan Darbar”(religious ceremonies).
On 19th Sep 2008, Chairman Bhai Devinder Singh Ji Khalsa is honored and awarded “Indian Achiever Award for Health Excellence” by All India Achiever Foundation, New Delhi at Indian Habitat center, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. The award committee constitutes of Cabinet Ministers,Governors & other prominent national leaders.
- The management has put in operation a diagnostic center at Sohana hospital, consisting of C.T Scan, MRI, Mammography, EEG etc. at charitable rates.
- Dialysis unit is started in multi-specialty wing for benefiting patients. This wing is equipped with dialysis machine of high quality which is internationally tested and recognized. This unit performs hemo dialysis for kidney patients at charitable rates.
- On 6 Jun 2009, Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib(C) Eye Hospital Trust, Sohana is awarded ‘Bharat Gaurav Award’ & gold medal at International Achiever Conference, New Delhi in appreciation of exemplary achievements in the field of medical science, obtained from International Medical Research for its useful applicability in humane service.
- In series of social services started by Panth Rattan Bhai Sahib Bhai Jasbir Singh Ji Khalsa, Khanne wale & following every year’s practice, this year too thousands of sweaters are distributed to poor & needy students of different schools. In addition to this, school fees is paid for needy students from ‘Bhai Jasbir Singh Ji Khalsa, Bhalai Fund’
- Physiotherapy Unit is established in multi-specialty hospital for treatment of patients with arthritis, paralysis, low backache, ligament Injuries, post fracture stiffness, exercises followed by surgeries, chest care of IPD patients etc.
- Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Diabetic Retinopathy project is launched for diabetic retina in collaboration with World Diabetes Foundation, Denmark for free treatment of people through camps. Under this project number of free camps are organized and thousands were given free treatment of Retinopathy & other eye ailments. Surveillance of the project is done at regular interval by a special team from Denmark.
- Advanced Opti-Lasik machine manufactured by America’s renowned company `ALCON` in introduced in February 2011. This is to assist patients interested in getting rid of spectacles. This facility is also rendered at reasonable cost as compared too other hospitals.
- Advanced machine are introduced in Eye hospital, with which many eye ailments like Glaucoma, Cataract etc. can be diagnosed at early stage so that it may not affect other body parts. Pantacam, Optovue & Infinity vision system are made integral part of the hospital equipment for quality treatment.
- Sohana hospital associated itself for Bhai kanhayia health scheme launched by the Government of Punjab to provide poor and needy people in their treatment.
- New male ward is inaugurated at Multi-specialty hospital for the treatment of male patients.
- Private room facilities according to the guidelines given by the Indian government are also introduced.
Sri Guru Harkrishan Sahib Eye Hospital, Ropar is started as branch of Sohana Hospital at Ropar with departments of Eye, Dental, General Medicine, Orthopedics, Gynae, and Skin.
Advance Eye Care Centre is inaugurated at Sohana where artificial eye department, eye bank and cornea transplantation center is made available as integral part of it.
Knee replacement department is also inaugurated at Multi-specialty hospital.
OT is upgraded in this year with advance facilities for surgical patients.
NABH accreditation is awarded to Sohana hospital for the quality standards it maintains in patient care.
Safe-i certificate awarded by NABH for it's safe infection prevention.
Dedicated free OPD for poor patients is inaugurated so this initative highly subsidized and free treatment is provided to the patients coming to this department. Thousands of patients are benefited from free consultation provided through this initiative. Deprived are also considered for free or low cost treatment and surgeries.
Mega surgery camp is held for cardiac and orthopedic patients are organized for economically weaker patients.
Dialysis Unit is started at Ropar branch to benefit kidney patients.
Advance Eye and Dental Care hospital, Ludhiana is started as branch of Sohana hospital with Eye, Dental and General Medicine. Blade less Lasik free surgeries also available.